Fangriling Shinhwa Changjo. Filterings of Teen Top. Random other groups. Random interesting things. Random cute things. Enjoy!
Anonymous asked: Sorry, this might be the silliest and the most useless question you ever got and I'm not sure you know the answer but I sincerely curious, between Gomdori and Goguma, which one become the member of ShinPet first or which one is older? or when Eric and Dongwan have them? Sorry for bothering you with my question, but your blog is so helpfull and kind of short cut for all Shinhwa knowledge :)
It’s not a silly or useless question at all! At first I was just going to answer about Gomdori and Goguma because that’s who you asked about. But then being the research geek that I am, I got curious about the rest of the ShinPets too.
After I digging through a bunch of forums/sites, I’ve created a timeline of when the Shinhwa members got each of their pets. I’m not including their childhood pets (like Dongwan’s first dog Mellungee) in this. Only the pets they got after debuting as Shinhwa.
- The very first ShinPet was Jjang, a puppy given to Minwoo by fans around Eusha Eusha promotions . Sadly, Jjang ran away (or was lost) from Minwoo’s aunt’s house while Shinhwa was promoting overseas :( [source]
- I’m not sure if they had any pets in between but the second ShinPet I know about is Minwoo’s Rambo. Fans say he’s been seen with Minwoo since Shinhwa’s 5th album (video). The last time I saw Rambo was during Minwoo’s episode of “Let’s Sleep Here Tonight” in 2008. (source) The fact that Minwoo didn’t bring him (or mention him) on Shinhwa Broadcast makes me think he may not be alive anymore :(
- The third ShinPet was Dongwan’s Goguma who’s been seen with him since their 6th album promotions. On ShinBang, they confirmed that Goguma is 10 years old which fits with that timeline.
- Polly was 7 years old on Shinhwa Broadcast so he’s been with Minwoo since about 2005. Which makes sense because the first time I saw him was in Minwoo’s 2nd album production pictures and videos (email@example.com)
- Junjin supposedly had cats for a while. There was a big fuss in 2006 over who the “Crystal” was that Junjin mentioned in his album thanks. Then Junjin released a statement saying it was actually the new cats he just got, “Cri” and “Stal”. But the company designing the album accidentally removed the space between the two names and printed it as Crystal. (source) The reason I’m skeptical about this story is because Good Ent. said Junjin had lots of pictures of the cats saved on his handphone that he liked to show everyone. BUT there has never been a single picture released of these cats. However, in a 2008 episode of Infinity Challenge, they showed Junjin’s house and he had a cat tower (firstname.lastname@example.org) so the story may be true.
- Heysung had a puppy named Muri for a few months. Minwoo posted the first pictures of Muri in Dec 2008 (source) but a staff diary post from March 2009 said Hyesung had given Muri to a friend because he wasn’t able to take care of her properly. (source)
- Eric first shared pictures of his two cats, Jamongie and Yaku, in June 2011. (source) But I’m not sure exactly when he got them. On the June 3, 2013 episode of Baek Jiyeon’s “People Inside” he talked about selling his old cat supplies because the cats were now with his parents. (source)
- During the Shinhwa Broadcast pets episode, Eric said Gomdori was a year old but he should be two by now. The earliest pictures of him are from around Nov/Dec of 2011 (source). Eric hadn’t named him Gomdori when those were released so fans just called him “Choco” for a while because of his coloring.
- The newest ShinPet is Andy’s Jjujju who the Shinhwa Company Facebook admin revealed in July in a picture with Pani. (source)
- I’m not sure when Andy got Pani. He didn’t reveal her age on Shinhwa Broadcast and I’m not a dog expert so I can’t make an estimate by looking at her.
- Eric also once had a dog named Chamchi (tuna) but I don’t know when he got it or how it fits into the ShinPet timeline. The last time he talked about Chamchi was supposedly around 2003/2004. Fans in the forums said Eric found it being sold in the street “like pancakes” and it had some kind of illness so it’s likely dead now. (Source1) (Source2)
P.S. I’m not the right person to ask what breeds the different dogs/cats are. Some of the sources I linked throughout the post have info about the breeds.
“I mean Gimli, Gloin’s son here.”
Gimli bowed low, and the axe slipped from his belt and clattered on the ground.
”Hoom, hm! Ah now,” said Treebeard, looking dark-eyed at him. “A dwarf and an axe-bearer! Hoom! I have good will to Elves, but you ask much. This is a strange friendship!”
“Strange it may seem,” said Legolas; “but while Gimli lives I shall not come to Fangorn alone.”
The screenwriter studio for the ‘Reply’ series has been making issues.
On the first episode of tvN’s ‘Sisters Over Flowers’, which aired on the 29th last month, the members gathered together to talk about preparations for their trip.
Their meeting place turned out to be the workshop of Lee Woojung, main screenwriter for ‘Sisters Over Flowers’, ‘Reply 1997’, and ‘Reply 1994’.
Documents holding pictures of album covers and descriptions of singers that were popular in the 1990s plastered one side of the studio.
Though it was somewhat difficult to figure out, covers of albums released by Toy, GOD, and Shinhwa still jumped out, obvious to those who had purchased the albums in the 1990s.
Source: WOW Korean Economy TV
Eric: 170cm -175cm
Minwoo: Around 163cm
Hyesung: As long as she’s not taller than me
Junjin: 168cm -175cm
Andy: 167cm -170cm
Minwoo: No to girls who are too skinny (
Dongwan: Not too skinny
Hyesung: Compared to curvy girls I prefer slim girls
Junjin: Not too plump and not too skinny
Eric: Kind, polite, feminine
Minwoo: Kind, puts others before self, a girl who likes to smile
Junjin: Lively in front of others, demure in front of her loved one
Andy: Kind and innocent
Eric: It doesn’t matter
Minwoo: I don’t know
Dongwan: Younger than me by 2 years
Hyesung: 1-2 years
Junjin: Same age or older than me
Andy: Same age or older than me
What do you notice first about her appearance?
Eric: The overall impression
Dongwan: Forehead, hands
Hyesung: Eyes, hairstyle
Eric: Long, straight hair
Minwoo: Long, straight hair
Dongwan: Long hair
Hyesung: Long, straight, black hair
Junjin: Long, straight hair
Andy: Straight hair
Eric: City girl
Minwoo: Compared to a sexy image, I prefer the innocent look
Junjin: Sexy and cute
Andy: Sexy and cute
Minwoo: Sense of responsibility
Dongwan: Religious faith
Junjin: Matured thinking, manners, aegyo
Andy: A kind heart
What do you think is your charm?
Minwoo: My own unique quality
Dongwan: My tough character and a healthy body
Hyesung: Me as a person
Junjin: My smile
What present do you hope to receive from her?
Eric: A kiss
Minwoo: Anything will do
Hyesung: Anything will do
Junjin: A smile
Andy: Her love
What would you give her?
Eric: A puppy
Minwoo: I’ll throw her a concert for her alone
Dongwan: Vitamin C, a ring
Junjin: A letter and a necklace/ring
Andy: A couple ring
What is the one thing you must say to your girlfriend when you have one?
Minwoo: My confession of love
Dongwan: Let’s fall in love
Hyesung: Let’s be in love forever
Junjin: I love you
Andy: You are M.I.L (that’s a line of T.O.P as you all would know – stands for Millennium, Innocent, Love)
What must you do when you have a girlfriend?
Eric: Hold her hand and go to the park
Minwoo: Walk on the streets, go to the park
Dongwan: Watch a movie with her holding on to my arm, eating cotton candy
Hyesung: A date with just the two of us
Junjin: Watch a movie, go to the park
Yes to a love that’s like this
Eric: Unconditional giving
Minwoo: With a beautiful feeling
Dongwan: Slowly built up, understanding each other
Hyesung: A love that’s honest
Junjin: Understanding each other, giving each other absolute trust
What if you fall in love with another girl?
Eric: Think about it carefully, and make a decision that I won’t regret
Minwoo: That’s what a bad guy does
Dongwan: How do I say this….
Hyesung: I hope this doesn’t happen
Junjin: I have to consider carefully
Andy: Give it up
What if someone you don’t understand very well confesses her love to you?
Eric: Solemnly reject
Minwoo: Are you having a fever?
Dongwan: Try to get to know her slowly
Hyesung: Of course I’ll reject
Junjin: If I like her, I’ll observe over a long period of time
Andy: Get to know her better
What if you get rejected after you confess your love?
Eric: Try again until she gets annoyed
Dongwan: Try again 10 times, 100 times
Hyesung: Although I know I should give up, but I’ll try again
Junjin: I’ll feel the setback at first, but if I truly like her I’ll try again
Andy: I’ll try again until my life is over
Are you more active or passive about love?
Eric: In the middle
Dongwan: Active, not afraid of hardship and difficulties, charging ahead
Andy: I don’t know
I think love is…
Minwoo: When you can maintain that feeling forever
Dongwan: Being tamed
Hyesung: Cherishing each other
Junjin: Understanding each other
Andy: Honest, eternal
I’m this kind of guy
Eric: An ordinary guy who wants to have someone he loves deeply
Minwoo: A guy who’s not afraid of anything, be it love, or separation
Dongwan: An innocent, sensitive guy
Hyesung: An ordinary guy who will love with all his heart
Junjin: A guy who has an adorable appearance, but is very masculine with a touch of aegyo
Andy: A guy you will find pretty good as you get to know me better
Your marriage proposal
Eric: I love you
Minwoo: You’ve been chosen by me!
Dongwan: I’ll make you happy
Hyesung: I really really love you, be my other half
Junjin: Please trust me
Andy: I love you with all my heart